Monday, April 06, 2009

Showers, showers, and more showers!

So, I know I (Alli) have been a bad blogger – blame it on all of the nesting or the pregnancy-brain! Instead of staying up on blogging about all of the showers we have had, they are now all going into one massive post. Hope you enjoy the pictures and make sure you check the few posts beneath this one – they’re new too!

Let me start by saying that I don’t think I have ever felt so blessed! Ben and I have had four baby showers in the last few months and we have been showered with tons of great gifts, but mostly just showered in lots of love. I am amazed by and so thankful for the people who took the time to organize these events for us. They have all been so different, but so much fun.

The first shower was in California with all of my family and friends south of the (Oregon) border. Natalie, Annie, and Vicki did such a great job hosting the ridiculous amount of women and children that showed up that day (somewhere around 35!). The food was great, the games were fun, and the company was the best. I miss everyone there so much and to see everyone all at once was just perfect. Thank you for all showing up on Valentine’s Day and on a three-day weekend!

The second shower was hosted by some very lovely ladies at my work. They put together a super-cute shower in the library complete with an amazing cake made by Michelle (pic below). I am absolutely loving my job and love the group of people that I get to work with. I am so thankful for such wonderful coworkers who would put together such a nice shower. I also got a great gift card from many people in the office that was put to very good use at Babies R Us!

The third and final shower for me was with hosted by the wonderful Stephanie Fitts with some girlfriends from church and Aunt Alexis and the girls. I was so glad that we were all able to come together (we have very crazy schedules!). Again, everything was great – right down to Stephanie’s super yummy mini quiches and cupcakes. Oh, I do have to mention that we also had teething biscuits and juice boxes since McKenzie (Steph’s daughter) was worried that Baby Porter wouldn’t have any kid-food at the shower!

The final shower was hosted by some of the staff at Ben’s school. Since the shower was for two guys (Ben and his coworker, Mat), they decided to head over to McMenamin’s for some beer and yummy food. I have to admit that I thought this would be a kind of laid-back affair – boy, was I ever wrong! They went all out! Tons of McKinley staff showed up to eat, drink, and be merry with us – complete with my favorite Costco cake and a huge pile of gifts for the two guys. Having had three showers myself, it was fun to let Ben open all of the presents this time. We got so many great items that we needed and tons of other cute stuff that I know Baby Porter will love. My personal favorite was the Golden Books cardboard Baby’s First Bible – it’s so cute!

Thank you so much to everyone who helped out and come to these showers or has just shown us and Baby Porter some extra love over these last 8 months. We love you all so much and can’t wait to introduce you to Baby Porter!

Annie and Natalie, my wonderful hostesses in Visalia

Stephanie and Abi and Jolie and Ethan (my practice baby for the day)

Ashley and Quinn

My side of the family - Amelia, Mom, Aunt Franny, me Aunt Ruthann, Anastasia, Grandma, Sarah, Savannah, and Kristin - thanks for coming!

Ben's side of the family - Grandma Porter, Aunt Michelle, Aunt Yvette, me, Christine, and Violet throwing up gang signs (?)

Isaac, Violet, me, Audrey, and Jamie (Ben's sister)

The WHOLE gang (minus Amelia who offered to stand on a chair for five minutes and try to direct all these women)!

OHSU Shower, Molly on my right

Cake at my OHSU shower, Michelle placed all those almond slices by hand and Emily pulled a Martha Stewart and made dried pineapple flowers!

The spread at Stephanie's and Beth

The cousins, Joanna and Hillary

Lastly, no trip to Fresno/Visalia would be complete without some In N Out and Henry Salazar's - I went to both places twice!

Yum!

Henry's with the fam!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Auntie Franny and I loved seeing the pictures and especially the cakes! Can't wait to meet C.A. (Cyclone)Porter. It is 11:30pm Fremont time.