Sunday, April 19, 2009

Baby's first cockroach

Ok, so I suppose I should explain this first...My (Alli) mom's family has this big, fake cockroach (la cucaracha) that has somehow become a little bit of an inside joke. It travels from family to family and always seems to show up in the most unusual places - I believe la cucaracha was even a part of our wedding ceremony! Usually enough time passes in between his little appearances that we can't even remember who has him - which is also why I think there are actually 2 cockroaches being passed around. So it came as a bit of a surprise when I opened up a package from Aunt Jeanie last week with a very nice hand-knit blanket, only to find la cucaracha at the bottom of the box with his very own hand-made blankie! Thanks, Aunt Jeanie! Baby is now officially part of the family! Now if only he would come out...

6 comments:

Janice Porter said...

The blanket looks so cozy! The cucaracha so big! Hey cucaracha starts with a "c"! Yuck! Love, scared grandma

STEPHANIE said...

so funny! my family has a plastic rat like the cockroach that gets passed around at each person's b-day.

Julia said...

La cucracha is a form of endearment and should be taken as such....don't you think? He certainly looks lovable!

Janice Porter said...

I had to add one more idea for a name while we wait for news! Captain America Porter! Ta-da!

Jeanie said...

I hadn't realized how photogenic la cucaracha was! Love the Captain America entry in the name guessing...Aunt Jeanie

Alexis said...

aw, sneaky aunti jeanie :>) I love that you knitted la cucaracha a blankie too!