
I know we have a lot of catching up to do so I'll pick up where I left off. We had a wonderful time with my mom and dad when they came to Portland. We thought that the best way to show them Portland would be to introduce them to the sights, sounds, tastes, and smells of the Rose City. So we went to the Portland State Farmer's Market, the downtown Saturday Market (arts and crafts), yummy Italian food in the Pearl district at Piazza Italia, and took a stroll on the Riverwalk. I also got to spend some time showing them some of the cool natural areas by taking a walk through the Tualatin Hills Nature Preserve.

After that, they spent some time in California with my sister and her family, but were soon back for a final day in Portland. So what better place to spend a nice, relaxing evening than at the McMenamin's Rock Creek Tavern. Not only did we introduce them to the Cajun totts, but we had some awesome desserts as well (Chocolate Porter Torte and Marrionberry Crisp...YUM!). We loved spending time with them and can't wait to do it again.

No comments:
Post a Comment