Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Fall Kick-off at Sunset


God had been doing wonderful things for Alli and I at Sunset Presbyterian over the last year. Not only have the two of us been able to really get involved in our Care Group, but God has opened some doors for me to be on the Worship Team. I have also started serving on the Worship Leadership Team. Jay asked me to join and I was blown away. I have always thought of doing something along these lines but have been waiting patiently for God to show me when he felt I was ready. The awesome thing is that being part of this team has helped me strengthen some of the friendship I have made over the last year at Sunset, especially with Jay and Tyler. This Sunday was also an awesome experience...my first fall kick-off service. They hauled live trees onto the stage! It felt like we were playing in Narnia! I tried to talk Nick into dressing up in a gnome outfit while he played bass, but we felt it might have been a little distracting. Oh well. The best part was that it made the church feel a lot less sterile and more natural. But then again, I guess that's what all of us Oregonians are all about. Here's some pics so you can see how cool it looks. Thanks for the pics, Ryan!



On a weirder note, a few members of the worship team were able to get custom ear molds for their ear buds. Thanks Jay! There's nothing like letting a stranger stick things in your ears and then shoot gushy stuff in to cast a mold. It was one of those times where you tell yourself, "That was weird...and kind of cool...but I don't think I ever want to do that again."

Jay and Tyler with the pink, gushy, molding stuff in their ears.

3 comments:

Phil said...

It's good to see you on stage again. It's good to see other people think you're awesome, too. I, of course, already know you are. My only question: is it true that all you really want to do is rock? Because if this was any other day I'd turn and walk the other way . . .

Anonymous said...

The stage looked awesome! Reflects God! Love you in Kansas!

Anonymous said...

awesome pictures. it was a great weekend. hope you are both doing well.