
Even though I didn't know what to think about teaching fourth graders, I have to say that I am actually really enjoying it. Sure the kids are way more whiny than 6th graders, but they are all coming into their own as individuals which is a ton of fun to watch. I am usually cracking the whip in the classroom preparing them for the 4th grade writing test, but we recently took some time off to have a Because of Winn-Dixie party. After eating egg salad sandwiches (which Alli and I stayed up till 12:30 the night before to prepare), pickles, punch, and lozenges, we were all able to spend some quality time together. But after talking with them and learning more about my students, I discovered one minor detail...They're all a bunch of weirdos! But you know what? That's OK. It just makes it a little easier to fly my "weirdo" flag out in the open...not that I was ever trying to hide it in the first place.

2 comments:
I know several of your weirdos :) Great picture. Makes me a little homesick. Hope you're doing well.
why are we on here???
Post a Comment