We picked them up from the airport on Saturday morning, stuck Clark in his monkey costume, and headed to the Portland State Farmer's Market to check out all the yummy goodness. After Chris gobbled up the red pepper jelly, we picked up a few items and then headed out to the Stash Tea store in Tigard so Amelia and Chris could restock their tea collection. That night Amelia and I tried our best to make pumpkin, shallot, and sage pasta - peeling and cubing a pumpkin is hard work!
The next day we all headed out to Multnomah Falls, Hood River, and the Fruit Loop. Funny, the only fruit we partook of was grapes! We managed to visit five beautiful wineries - sharing tastings, of course, otherwise Clark was going to drive home! We could not have asked for a more beautiful day! Clear blue skies, pretty leaves, and good company. We then went back to Hood River to Full Sail brewery for a tour and a tasting. Amelia and I couldn't resist the baked brie with preserves and a baguette. Oh, so good! We tried to go to dinner that night, but Clark decided it was time to go home and relax. That was fine with us! So after some Chipotle, we just hung out and watched our favorite movie, Just Friends.
Monday I had to go to work, so I brought Amelia and Chris with me. They hung out in downtown visiting Powell's and trying some of the food carts. That evening we went to McMenamins (of course!) and enjoyed our last meal together.
Thanks for coming up here, guys. We love you and miss you already!
Me and my little monkey!
Multnomah Falls
Hanging out on the patio at one of the wineries.
Mt. Hood Winery
Dinner at McMenamins.







4 comments:
What a special trip! The food sounds amazing! I like the imagery of stuffing Clark into his monkey costume. My heart was also warmed that he was toting his crocheted monkey!
It looks like you had a lot of fun with each other on your outings. I LOVE the monkey suit...did Clark get an extra lot of comments? I missed the picture of Chris gobbling red pepper jelly. Amelia and Chris sure do look natural in their picture holding Clark. Oh, and I have a similar picture at Multnomah Falls of me when I was pregnant with Amelia!
What a fun weekend! I can tell he likes C and A! Love, Mom
ok, wow, where do Uncle John and Aunt Alexis live? 30 min from you? hmmm...
Post a Comment