Sunday, September 30, 2007

Two for the Price of One

Although we had already set up house, we thought that we were still missing something. Our fish didn't (or should we say couldn't) make the move up to Oregon, so today we went to go find some new ones. While recording our (SV's) first album with Jared and Lazz, I was introduced to the wonderful world of fresh water African cichlids. Jared had many different species and swore up and down that they (even though they are highly aggressive and take more time to maintain) were the best and most beautiful fresh water fish to keep. So today we added three new members to the Porter family (an electric blue cichlid, an electric yellow cichlid, and a red zebra cichlid). The funny thing we didn't realize about the tank was that we wouldn't be the only ones enjoying the fish. Yes...Autumn loves them too! Sad to say, this is our new kitty's drug. She has already spent hours in front of the tank trying to find out what those colorful little things are. I just hope that our cat doesn't go through withdrawals if one of the fish dies.



Mmm...fish.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Hey, your tank looks great! Hopefully Portland weather will keep the snails away :)

Anonymous said...

Fun to see Autumn with the fish tank. Good move to get entertainment for her when you are at work!

Phil said...

Are those fish telling you to post more on your blog? I hope so because I'm waiting. . .

Matthew Dick said...

Give my props to the coolcat. I bet if we worked at it, I could make a portfolio of photos and sign a deal with kitty chow. The world is Autumn's fish market!