Clark was dedicated at church on February 14th (Valentine's Day!). Lots of our friends were in the service and Uncle John and Aunt Alexis came, too. During the dedication, Ben and I dedicated Clark to God and made a promise to raise him in a loving, Christian home. After the service, we all headed over to the Cornelius Pass McMenamin's for lunch.
All of us on stage with Pastor Ron.
Since Clark turned one in April, I wanted to take some kind of picture to show how he changes from year to year. My mom always took a picture of me in the same bathing suit every year. When I was little it just sort of hung there and was kind of cute, but as I got older (read: teenager) I was horrified each year that I had to put on this bathing suit. I decided to pick something a little easier for Clark. A men's t-shirt. It's huge and funny and has a Superman logo - SO cheesy, I know. That will probably be the thing that he complains about as I force teenage Clark to do this. However, in the end I will get 18 pictures showing how Clark has changed over the years. The other thing that I hope changes...having a kid that will sit still for a picture! I really wanted the picture outside, but Clark was going crazy and wanted to eat all of the grass, leaves, bark, etc. In the end, I think I got one or two that will work.

Right after we took this picture, we took Clark to get his first haircut. Oh my goodness, he looked like Lloyd Christmas (Jim Carrey) from Dumb and Dumber (and kind of looked like Harry before the cut!). The woman (girl) just cut around Clark's hairline in one foul swoop. Ridiculous! It was so uneven and not blended at all! The only good thing was that Clark LOVED, I repeat LOVED, being in the little car chair. He was bouncing up and down and spinning the wheel! We may need to take this kid to an amusement park someday. Anyway, we paid as fast as we could (bummer), and got out of there! When we got home, we put Clark in his high chair and gave him a bottle while Ben went to work fixing his hair. It's not perfect, but it's so much better and makes him look like a little boy!
After, after (thanks, daddy!).
Later that week we tried putting Clark in the soft carrier on our backs on a walk through Noble Fir Park. He absolutely loves it and was being so goofy!

5 comments:
So much to take in on one post! First, I never realized how long his hair was, how great at barbering Ben is and how silly Clark gets. I enjoyed all the pictures. I will be the one snickering in the corner when you try to get teenage Clark in that Superman shirt. But I will love it and am glad you are carrying on our tradition. Ben, can I interest you in a bunch of pictures of Allison in a swimsuit? In some she is sneering...I think that is the word.
Paul says the last picture of Ben reminds him of Sputnik.
i so wish we still lived in the same town, let alone the same state! It makes me sad that we can't witness each other attempt this parenting thing. clark is getting so big and i love the superman shirt and that you are continuing your mom's tradition. great pictures!!!
I love that you're carrying on the photo tradition! We loved seeing yours every year. The wonderful picture at the park really gives a sense of Clark's personality. Thanks for getting us all caught up.
Look, up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's SUPER Clark! One little boy haircut to go with the little one-year-old. Pretty cute!!
Post a Comment