Sunday, June 21, 2009

2 Months and Ben's First Father's Day!

Clark was two months on Saturday! Where has the time gone? I can't believe my little boy is two months old. Here are a couple of things that have been happening lately...
- He has started smiling
- He loves to hold his head up and look around and turns his head side-to-side to follow objects
- He loves to snuggle on your shoulder while holding his head and looking around (my personal favorite)
- He hates tummy time, but we're working on it :-)
- He makes cute little cooing sounds
- He's pretty good at falling asleep on his own and sleeps anywhere from 5-7 hours at night
- He has started to bat at things on his playmat
- He loves to suck his fist/arm
- He's the cutest baby ever (oh wait, maybe that's just me!)

We also just celebrated Ben's first Father's Day. He had a pretty busy morning playing worship in both services and helping out with a drama, but after a nap that afternoon we went out and celebrated. We went to Syun Izakaya Japanese Restaurant - easily the best sushi we have had up here yet! We then went home to eat some dessert and hang out.

Without getting too mushy on the blog, I have to say that Ben certainly earned that huge plate of sushi. He is an incredible father to Clark. I am amazed at how calm he can be when Clark is being super fussy. I love to watch him play with Clark and love that he truly enjoys the time he spends with him. I also see a desire in Ben to continually strive to be the best father he can be. I can't wait to watch Clark grow up knowing that he has such a great father who loves him so much!

The stylish men in my life wearing matching sweater vests. Like father, like son!

Daddy and Clark watching the US beat Egypt in the Confederation Cup qualifiers (that's soccer).

Out at Syun Izakaya in downtown Hillsboro.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ooo...thats sushi does look good. Can't wait to see you three this weekend.

Julia said...

No, you weren't wrong....Clark is the cutest baby ever. Love the picture of the men catching a soccer game.

Melinda said...

I SO enjoy reading about the little benchmarks Clark is making. Watching the amazing growth of a child is truly amazing! I am so happy for you both and happy that Clark has you as parents!
Ben did a great job in the drama and I am thankful for the smidgens of time that my son Michael had to work with and get a bit better acquainted with him.

JHNickodemus said...

Yay for sweater vests! And babies who fall asleep...on their own!

Janice Porter said...

I love how Clark opens his eyes real big! Did he cry when USA lost to Brazil? Love, Grandma J