Thursday, February 26, 2009

Updates!

OK, so we are way behind on the blogging. We’ll see if we can’t catch up in the next couple of days…

But, first, Ben’s 31st birthday! Ben is officially in his 30’s now – which has led to endless teasing on my part. We celebrated last night with homemade shepherd’s pie (who doesn’t love beef and veggies floating in rich, beer-touched gravy and crowned with mashed potatoes?) and My Name is Bruce (the latest Bruce Campbell movie – I must really love my husband!). Ben also received a new Bible (his old one was literally falling apart) and a USA Soccer jersey. Stay tuned for party pics from this weekend at Kell’s Irish Pub.

Also thought it was time to post a belly picture since we have, as of yesterday, only 9 weeks left!! Sorry I have not posted more belly pictures – it seems like the second trimester just flew by! I did go to the doctor yesterday and everything is still right on track and looking good. We started our birthing classes Tuesday night and spent the whole two hours talking about contractions – exciting stuff. Then next Thursday we are touring St. Vincent’s hospital where I will be delivering. That is going to be totally surreal!

Oh, and here are some pictures of the nursery/office – ‘nurfice’. Still needs a few more things – including stuff on the walls – but it’s looking pretty good! Kind of looks like a baby might sleep here someday.

Between my trip to California, outings to Target and Babies R Us, women’s retreat last weekend, an Oscar party with Chris and Nicole (thanks, guys!), birthing class, Care Group, and Ben’s birthday, we have been pretty busy! I’ll post the pictures from my California baby shower soon along with pictures from Ben’s birthday this Saturday.

5 comments:

JHNickodemus said...

Whew! Making me tired just hearing about it! I dont know how youre doing it all! I like the monkey "stuff"

Unknown said...

Home cooked food and Bruce Campbell movie? Awesome birthday. Hope Amelia is paying attention.

Julia said...

I love seeing the nursery because now I can picture where Sprout will be. I also enjoyed the belly picture as you have changed just since we saw you! How exciting this is! I do not like that the word verification word to enter this comment is "aging". That seems personal.

Laura said...

I think we have the same crib only ours is in black...such good taste! LOVE the monkey theme!

Anonymous said...

Baby Bump's room looks sooo cozy! Your tummy is sooo cute! We love you and pray for you! Janice