With so little holiday time left until the baby comes, Alli and I took a short trip to the beach on Monday. Since we have been to Cannon Beach quite a few times already, we decided to go to Seaside instead. But before we took off, we made our way to Panera for a pastry ring. (Thanks Grandma Ruth for all of the Panera gift cards!) When we got there, it was beautiful. 60 degrees, clear skies, and no wind. It was such a good time to walk on the beach and talk. Since it was Monday, most of the tourists had already left to go home. Only a few others were out and about on the beach, which made it nice and quiet. We couldn't believe how blue the skies were. But the best part was thinking that this would probably be the last time we would go to the beach by ourselves. Even though the bump came along with us and enjoyed the views as well, we began to get really excited about the future trips to the beach with a little one. And the best part of it is that Monday marked 100 days to go. Alli was very happy that she had finally made it into the double digits.
I heart adventure: My own backyard
3 years ago








5 comments:
What, no Mile 18 cinnamon roll for the bump? That's a shame.
Looking forward to meeting the bump next month and then again over the summer.
Mmm that pastry ring looks wonderfull! Fun trip for the bump...and for you!
It looks like you guys had a fun trip to the beach. I am, however, slightly dissapointed that you didn't let the "bump" eat a cinnaman roll. I am sure that Ethan enjoyed is "bite" last summer (ha ha ha). Can't wait to see you and the bump in a few weeks!
I love the bump picture!
FYI: I want to go to the beach with the bump too.
Its nice that you are continuing the Porter tradition of of boy's name that starts with "B" - Bump Porter - sounds like a potential rock star or an Olympic athlete (Skiing or Volleyball?)
Post a Comment