
All I can say is WOW! Sunday night we went to see TRAVIS, with opener Maximo Park, at the Crystal Ballroom expecting to see a great show. The only thing was that it wasn't great...it was awesome! After seeing them many times (this being the fourth), I couldn't believe that they were better than the last time we saw them. With the addition of all their new material off The Boy with No Name (whose name is Clay - Fran's son), the set seemed to flow well - shifting from old to new. Not only did we have a front row view, but we enjoyed Fran's mustache and chest hair up close (see the pic). Andy rocked out in the middle of the crowd...literally in the crowd and on the floor. Dougie shook his hips the entire night and made all the ladies swoon. And Neil played the stoic drummer all too well. Set list included As You Are (my personal favorite), Battleships, Turn, All I Wanna Do is Rock, My Eyes, a sing-a-long version of Flowers in the Window, and the most appropriate song for Portland, Why Does It Always Rain on Me. The funny thing about this is even after seeing them four times, I still wanna see them again. Hopefully sooner than later.






3 comments:
First of all, I hate you. Second of all, I hate you. I love travis and my retard brother, who lives in Portland now, was so-so on seeing them, so poop on him. Love me the Travis. I may be the only one who loves 12 memories more than the man who. I also like boy w/ no name a lot as well. The pics are awesome! Good job!
GREAT picture of the two of you! Can you email it to me for a more recent pic of you two on our wall?
Those are great pics!
Post a Comment